Wednesday, October 15, 2008

That's our girl!

It's Wednesday evening, and we've made it out of the intensive care unit. MJ has some great numbers, a solid heart rate, good pressures and blood gasses. She's finally able to start eating a little food, as her tummy starts to wake up.

She is getting back her personality, as the picture shows. This includes stories, singing and even a little goofing around with the cardiologists. It warms our hearts to have her doing so well. Her teacher stopped by the house today with a get well banner and a mitful of cards from MJ's classmates. Midway looking through the cards, Kenzie told us that she should make cards for all the people sending her cards.
That's our girl, it is so very nice to have her back.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hurray for MJ! It is so wonderful to see that smile after this ordeal. We are lookingo forward to watching her grow stronger, physically and mentally, from all she is going through. We are hoping she gets home soon and you can all get back to back to your normal life.

Tom & Claire Dombrock

Cece Flanery said...

Hey MJ - you are looking pretty sporty there in those pink sunglasses. Tears of Joy fell when we heard everything went so well. It's miracles like this that keep us all going.

Hurry Home Wonder Women!!

Love & Hugs to all!

Tim & Cece

Carla said...

Hello my little angel! I miss you. I hope you get lots of popsicles and pudding in the hospital. Get the purple popsicles so your tongue and lips will be purple! Can you draw a picture of Mojo in a Wonder Woman costume for me? Can I come and see you and be silly with you yet? (Love, support and hugs to Heidi and Jake too.)-Carla

carrie cotch said...

So happy to hear that MJ did so well. We've been so worried. Kennedy's been asking a lot about her. Give her big hugs for us!

carrie cotch said...

okay ... i'll explain the justin barnes thing later. its a work thing.

anxious to here when MJ will be coming home. take care.

carrie & darren

sbreuer said...

We are thinking about you and prayers are sent your way young lady. Love the pink glasses! Heidi & Jake keep up the great work, stay strong. We are thinking of you. We hope returning home will come soon.

Love, Sandy, Scott, Cassidy and Mel

gtnicbols said...

I'm so glad she is doing better. I am Liz Gorman's mom.

gtnicbols said...

I'm so glad she is doing better. I am Liz Gorman's mom.